Hello, fellow female friends!
Welcome to 2015, the Year of the Woman! Women have truly arrived. We are *practically* equal to men in all the ways, and the majority of men (and our fellow women) really do view us favorably now because why wouldn’t they? It’s not like we’re still solely valued for our Pantene hair or praised for our Kardashian asses!
To celebrate this amazing epoch of female empowerment, here are some amazing Lady Stats to keep you motivated towards feminism and equality:
- 57% of all college students are female; 26% of college/university presidents are female. #disparity #misrepresentation
- “Secretary” is still the top job for women, the same as in 1950. 96% of administrative assistants are female because they are clearly better equipped to file, answer phones, and greet visitors with their lady parts. Even with advanced degrees, women are encouraged to “get their feet in the door” at companies by accepting “assistant” positions, now trendily referred to as “coordinator” positions, while men are rarely encouraged to do the same.
- 84% of major board positions are held by men; 83% of congress have penises. #RichWhiteDudesRule #SnatchesSuck
- 62% of ladies are in staff positions at their jobs, not permitted to directly affect sales, revenue, or ROI. #Inconsequential
- 3% of Fortune 500 companies are led by women clearly due to their propensity for hysteria, menstruation madness, and nine-month uteral tumors, er, fetuses. #Imbalance
- Only 19% of men do housework today in 2015, compared to 83% of women. #womenswork #labordivision
- Men spend about 280 more hours per year enjoying leisure time than their counterparts with uteruses. #jackinoff #dontgetmestarted
- And of course, women still earn about 77% of what their male counterparts make for doing the same work. #straightupinequality #noexcuses
Top Five Female Industries/Positions:
- Secretaries and administrative assistants
- Registered nurses
- Elementary and middle school teachers
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides